We love working with builders, we always have.
Our experience is that the best collaborative projects inspire everyone: owners, their friends and family, designers and builders, craftsmen and suppliers, and the market. Good projects are better than any single person could have imagined.
The sound bones and fine details of a well-built home last beyond a lifetime - we see that quality in some of the old homes we're privileged to update. And a well-managed project is an exciting, challenging and inspirational process that puts a spring in our step. Why else would we do it?
PlaceMate receives about a third of our projects as direct referrals from builders. One builder has been referring us to his clients for over twenty years. Some of his apprentices now run their own teams who refer to us. We have been invited to design seven builders own homes. We are always looking to grow our client base and to develop relationships with new builders.
Here are some of the reasons they keep coming back.
PlaceMate designs don't waste space. The houses look bigger than they really are. Every square metre of construction earns its keep. In renovations, the new work sits well with the old. At the end of the job, you can be proud.
PlaceMate asks the best system to build on the site BEFORE starting the design. We solve the puzzle, so it looks simple. We avoid box gutters, waterproof retaining walls and complex detailing where possible. The owners' money is spent where it can be seen.
PlaceMate listens to the builder to head off construction/budget problems early. We produce documents when we say we will. If a discrepancy, omission, or client change arises on site, we sort it out promptly. We call back ASAP and don't hold up the build.
Easy to Deal With
PlaceMate sort out the best option for the all the client members, to suit the budget, so a builder isn't second guessing. We take advice from the experts.
PlaceMate takes care of all the design aspects from the town plan to tile selection. Owners have a good idea what they're getting. Things are sorted, before tender, which reduces the guesswork in pricing and delay on site.
The BA and DA plans are clear and accurate. They match the engineering and survey. Schedules are short but comprehensive enough for pricing. Fitout drawings are easy for all trades to understand.
Why I use Placemate architects...
- "Jan displays a very professional way of helping the client achieve the right design outcome without the frustration of doing things twice or last minute changes. Her many years of architectural experience shows as she helps families with all different requirements achieve their dream home or renovation while never compromising on functionality. I have personally witnessed this over the 20 years plus I have work alongside Jan on building projects. Jan excels in a designs layout and lines of visual sight maximizing a wow factor into every job. I know as Jan designed my own home." Stewart Harris
- "Well, I find architects can be a bit pretentious, but PlaceMate is easy to get along with... and the documents are good too." Phil Maher, Builder
- It's amazing how much space PlaceMate can fit into an efficient floor plan. All the details are sorted, so the subbies all know what they're doing" - Rex Manley, Manley Homes
- "PlaceMate is easy to get along with. If there's a discrepancy in the drawings , or something crops up during the build, PlaceMate deals with it straight away" - Greg Watson, Ryan Builders
- "Best drawings I've ever used" - Len, Len's House Raising
- "PlaceMate is trustworthy. If they say they'll do something, they do it. The finished product makes us all look good. Some architects are really expensive, and the owners have to wait a year to see them. PlaceMate gives just as good a service, quicker and at a reasonable price." - Nathan Forbes, Rise Constructions
1/3 Prospect Tce
St Lucia QLD 4067
Ph: 0439 495 333